Mission of The Atlanta Fire Foundation
The Atlanta Fire Foundation (AFF) provides an avenue for businesses, organizations and citizens to donate money or other items to assist the Atlanta Fire Rescue Department (AFRD) in meeting or exceeding its needs and goals. The AFF was established in 2004 to support the brave men and women who put their lives on the line everyday to fight fires, save property, rescue victims, save lives and protect Atlanta’s residents, businesses and visitors as first-responders in the City of Atlanta.
The events of 9/11 underscored the critical role firefighters and EMS personnel provide for preparedness, continuity and safety of our city. AFF’s mission is to ensure Atlanta is secure in the grasp of a world class Fire & Rescue Department that continually improves it’s capabilities and capacity to respond to emergencies from the most basic to the most critical and challenging, saving life and property; putting first responders first so they can shield the City from harm.
AFF has five strategic initiatives identified as “mission critical” to further the capabilities of the Atlanta Fire Rescue Department (AFRD). Each initiative is in need of significant financial sponsorship:
1) AFRD Professional Development and Member Services, such as the Tuition Scholarship Program and Leadership Development Programs.
2) Community Risk Reduction, such as the Smoke Alarm Program, Child Safety Seat Program, and the Emergency Preparedness Institute
3) Fire Station Productivity, Safety and Comfort
4) AFRD and Community Recognition Programs, such as the annual Breakfast with Our Bravest awards ceremony and Annual Firefighters Memorial Tribute
5) AFF Operations Funding to employ a professional foundation management staff, expanding AFF’s capabilities to benefit Atlanta
Why Our Firefighters Need Your Help
The city budget is stretched, and the Fire Department is often asked to do without. Their “can do” attitude has resulted in limited resources to do their job. Imagine working with computers that are more than ten years old, flashlights more than eight years old, flying at night without night vision goggles, buying tools for work from your personal budget. They are here for us, and we need to be here for them!
Responding to priorities set by the Fire Department, we create partnerships to provide resources, programs and equipment that assist firefighters and paramedics in protecting life, property and the environment. They have a tradition of service at the highest level. We are supporting them in maintaining that tradition.
What You Can Do to Help
Atlanta's Firefighters Thank You For Your Support!
Last Updated on Thursday, 15 May 2014 12:27